Recipe Adapted From : BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
Traditional Mediterranean ingredients like feta and olives are mixed into a salad in a unique presentation.
- 1 pound Painted Hills Natural or Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup crumbled herb flavored feta cheese
- 1/3 cup prepared regular or reduced fat non-creamy Italian dressing or other vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup Kalamata or ripe olives, chopped
- 4 pita breads, toasted
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and bell pepper;
cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove
from heat. Pour off drippings.
- Add lettuce, cheese, dressing and olives to beef mixture; toss to combine. Top pitas with equal amounts of beef mixture.
Test Kitchen Tips
Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.